The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Any DSM Meets in Yuma AZ

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

so you want everything except the motor correct? if so how bout $500 for the whole car without the motor. Everything else will be included such as harness, drivetrain, ecu and all that jaz. Should be everything you need to do the conversion. Let me know.

hey local dsmer's i ran my car kinda hard last night and now its idling low and has some type of knock or misfire in the 1-2k rpm range i was wondering if anyone else had this type of problem vac. is at 19-20 in hg and boost holds at 13lbs idles low but doesn't stall anyone have a obd 2 code reader? any suggestions would be appreciated thanks.

hey local dsmer's i ran my car kinda hard last night and now its idling low and has some type of knock or misfire in the 1-2k rpm range i was wondering if anyone else had this type of problem vac. is at 19-20 in hg and boost holds at 13lbs idles low but doesn't stall anyone have a obd 2 code reader? any suggestions would be appreciated thanks.

Hey, I have an obd2 reader in my garage, but you can get your codes scanned at any autozone.

When you boost does your car feel like it is getting the normal amount of power?
Things like ISC motor, BISS screw and TPS would affect idle, but that would not explain the miss fire; and things like boost leaks, or not getting fuel/spark to a cylinder should be noticeable to you cars performance.

I would check/change spark plugs, and make sure all hoses and electrical connections are good and secure.

If you dont have one you should look into getting a datalogger for your car, they are invaluable for diagnostics letting you know what sensors are reading, checking/clearing codes, and some even let you do solenoid and injector tests. I know that EvoScan is pretty descent for 2gs, of course the logger you get will depend on if you have a laptop or palm. You should do some searching on this site to find out what are the best options for 2gs, since you have a 95 you should have an eprom ecu and do have the option of getting dsmlink but that will run ya a good $550 plus the cost of having your ecu socketed (although i can vouch that it is worth it).

hey jeremy autozone doesn't lend code readers anymore (something about a lawsuit with shops losing money on diagnostic services) or something like that anyways i pulled my plugs(Autolites haha) and #3 has some play in the electrode it shoudnt move it's supposed to be still. i picked up some NGK's and im going to put them on right now ill post result's. hey since i have eprom i've heard of a gameboy mod do you think it would be good enough for me?

The bad plug could be the main source of your problem. Must be a california law thing about the code readers (how dare autozone make it so shops can not collect 50-100 bucks for 1 minute of work!), you can use mine when you are in yuma if you have a reason to make the drive. FYI i bought mine for pretty cheap at harbor freight, it just tells you the code number and you have to look it up, but it at least scans the code and can clear it.

Get me a link on the gameboy logger program and I will look at it to see if it is worth while, you should have an eprom ecu being a 95 but I would take off the cover and check just to be 100 percent sure.

hey guys i had a torn vacuum line and a fouled plug replaced the plugs and hose and good as new:thumb: anyways jeremy thanks for the offer on the obd2 code reader my check engine light turned off for now haha but i will do research on the gameboy mod and will post a link:hellyeah:

First off that dtec is discontinued, and more so it doesnt seem like any better of a buy then a safc and a logger. You need to buy all the "extras" to make it even be able to log the vital parameters (rpm, inj duty cycle, knock, and o2) which is not even half of what a datalogger can tell you; so with a base price of 300 bucks after you buy all the add ons you might as well got dsmlink.

I dont know if you have access to a laptop or not (should be able to find an old p3 one for less then $100 these days), but you should be able to get evoscan and a cable for less then $100 (the software is $20), and then used safc's you can find as cheap as $150.

For the cost of that dtec you might even be able to find a used v2 dsmlink chip/cable, also ecmlink (formally dsmlink) is supposed to be making a v3 lite version which should be in the $300 dollar range. The v3 lite will have all the features of v2.5 plus the gm maf and a few other functions on it (and use usb cable instead of serial port).

yea your right i think im going to save up for safc. I do have a laptop an hp mini netbook it doesnt have a cd-drive but i can purchase an external. what are the system requirements for ecmlink? I want to know if my mini has enough juice LOL:D

yea your right i think im going to save up for safc. I do have a laptop an hp mini netbook it doesnt have a cd-drive but i can purchase an external. what are the system requirements for ecmlink? I want to know if my mini has enough juice LOL:D

I cant find specific info on the minimum requirements, but the software will run on old laptops running win 98 so a new netbook running xp should be perfectly fine.

If you go to get the ecmlink and are in yuma for some reason, i have a few cd drives laying around (I am a computer technician) and you can borrow it and a cable I have that will let you plug it in via usb.

what up fellas! haven't talked to you all in a while. how's it been going. hope all is good. anything new with the dsm. iam having my tbelt replaced right now and I just piked up some used 17" wheels. I'm gunna primer it white when I get it back from the shop. can't wait to drive it. I really think we should set up a monthly meet. hope to hear from u guys soon.

heY guys im also up for a meet..ive been going to yuma alot latley and hanging out with some racers under the bridge and at in n out let me know if u guys are willing to meet up and ill drive over for sure :thumb:... carlos

damn havent read up on the forum for a while. Hopefully ill have my retarded 2g on the road soon. So Carlos you still have your car huh? Never ended up selling it. Yeah we should meet up once I get this POS going.

hey whats up bro..yea i sold the talon..but just picked up a 2g gsx and im in the process of doing the clutch..hoping my synchros arent messed up..so u still down for a meet? i could really enjoy another DSM'r in the valley as seeing im solo right now at this point..haha..but for now ive been just cruising in my cobalt SS sprchrgd

Hey whats up Jared. Welcome to the DSM game. Im more than willing to help you install any of your mods. Currently building up a 1g TSI. Also have a garage full of 1g parts if there is any upgrades you wanna do to your 2g 1g related like BOV or whatever. I have a 2g as well but no extra parts for it. I am very knowledgable in every aspect of DSM's except tuning. Glad to see some 2g's in the Yuma area. Stay away from the RICERS!

Got a bunch of parts but you gotta PM me a list of what you need exactly. Can't discuss things like this on a open forum. Then I can tell you what I have. Not sure every piece needed for the conversion for a N/T but I have a bunch of parts that will work towards acheiveing your goal..

What's up guys, I just got my first DSM LOL. But I need a 23 spline transfer case if anyone has one local, if not I'll try to find one else where. But anyway I just got a gallant vr4 so if you see me around say what's up LOL

I know this is an old thread, but hoping someone in the area can help me. I am trying to confirm if there are any E85 gas stations in Yuma or El Centro. Online I'm seeing one at 1690 South 4th St. El Centro, CA but I've tried calling over the last couple of days and no answer. Hoping to make a road trip soon and trying to map out my fill up stops. Any info would be appreciated!

I know this is an old thread, but hoping someone in the area can help me. I am trying to confirm if there are any E85 gas stations in Yuma or El Centro. Online I'm seeing one at 1690 South 4th St. El Centro, CA but I've tried calling over the last couple of days and no answer. Hoping to make a road trip soon and trying to map out my fill up stops. Any info would be appreciated!
anything on Google maps?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back