The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Any DSM Meets in Yuma AZ

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeah, you definitely have a leaky master cylinder, i would check the slave cylinder too or if you can just get a new slave cylinder and replace them both at the same time. Majority of the time when one cylinder fails (especially when the master fails first) the other is soon to fail as well.

yea i guess ima have to buy both of them. hey i priced a rebuild kit for 14.99 for the master. do you recommend?

hey fellas I'm considering selling my talon for $3250 obo. ill include a brand new set of falken tires unmounted and a aftermarket front bumper unmounted plus safcII uninstalled. the talon has everything in my profile installed.

wow thats a good price considering the mods you have. I'll ask around though. what would the cost be to change the plates to cali?

Figured I would give you guys first dibs on a Greddy profec spec 2 - $200

Comes complete with box unit, selenoid, all wiring, vacuum hose and T.
Dont have the wireless switch for it, but there are instructions on how to make your own toggle switch for it (the greddy switch kind of sucks anyways)

I have not had it for very long, and I rarley go out to cruise night, i had a busy day and just ended up not going out last night.

cool man, anything done to it. Always been a dsm fan but i just liked the SR20 more haha But i still have respect for them ### with the proper mods they can be sick as hell and not a lot of money required to do so.

Neways you have anything done to it, it looks clean. I cant wait to get the title for the 1g gsx awd i have so i can get rid of it. Need the cash. Just waiting now, the paperwork is sent.

check my profile for the mods, the short short list is rebuilt motor with ross pistons, rebuilt trans, agp l2r turbo (dbb), 660s, dsmlink, and other supporting mods

nice, and nice to see a better built dsm in town as well, its been a while. Back in the day there used to be one that was in our crew that was pretty quick, big 16g turbo, built motor, injectors, dsm link and more. But it ended up just getting forgoten over the years.

Do you know what your pushing for power or guestimate?

Should probably dyno out around 350-375 whp, at least with out the exhaust leak i have now (sm crack in manifold collector and looks like a couple of mani studs have stripped out :( )

Hey fellas just wanted to see if anyone had a spare 2g turbo alternator their willing to sell or knows someone who has one. I really dont want to buy a cheap autozone one and dont have enough cash to buy OEM. what do u guys think of rebuilds? my alt. is overcharging at 18 v. and is slowly taking a poop:sosad:

most autozone alt. are rebuilt with warranty. sorry I wish I could be more helpful.

oh it's alright I found a better deal at kragen with lifetime warranty so i guess i'll just go there

Hey, kinda late notice, but I will be diagnosing my sudden crappy idle on my laser tomorrow so if anyone wants to lend a hand that would be appriciated.

I am thinking it could be isc (have my old one from my gst in the garage), boost/or vacuum leak (on gm maf with translator), or o2 sensor.

If anyone wants to help hit me up at 287-8074

well guys, i finally got some time to work on the 1g gsx i bought a while back. I pulled all the timing components off, replaced the front main seal, then dropped my pan and in my suprise i find a completely and fully built motor in my basicly bone stock looking gsx.

I know the guy i bought it from said the motor might have been rebuild in the past but damn, I pulled the pan to find a set of Eagle rods w/ ARP2000 rod bolts, Weisco pistons, Fresh looking cylinder walls, ARP main studs, brand new oil pump, Balance shaft removal kit, ARP head studs, and an mls gasket that is unknown.

Dang i got a good buy, The only bad was the fact the pan was leaking like crazy because it was not sealed properly, the number 3 and 4 rod bearings had play in it. Crank was in great shape with no scratches on the crank. When i pulled the oil pickup tube i noticed there was no gasket or oring of any kind which would explain why the bearings got damaged. Low oil pressure and it makes sense that #3 and 4 would have the most. I put a brand new set of ACL bearings in it and bolted everything back up. A brand new Greddy Timing belt is going on, new tensioner, new idler. Leaks fixed. So it should be good to go once i finish it up. All i got left to do is put the subframe crossbars up and the middle crossmember, Timing components and motor mount and belts. Ill be finishing it up tommorrow, throw some new gas in it instead of the 3+ year old gas still in it and fire it up with some 15w50 in there and see how it goes. I also put a new gasket on the oil pickup to hopefully take care of any problems with oil pressure.

Oh btw title should be in in about 3 weeks and i already have someone that wants to buy it for $2200 so if anyone wants to offer higher let me know.

Hey, kinda late notice, but I will be diagnosing my sudden crappy idle on my laser tomorrow so if anyone wants to lend a hand that would be appriciated.

I am thinking it could be isc (have my old one from my gst in the garage), boost/or vacuum leak (on gm maf with translator), or o2 sensor.

If anyone wants to help hit me up at 287-8074

I would have helped you but I didnt see this post until today Jeremy. I dont frequent this site much. Did you get it fixed? If not give me a call today at 287-6150 and I can help you out after 430 when I get out of work. Maybe you can help me as well with the 2g bad idle. Do you have a dvom? I lost mine and I need to borrow one to check a couple things on the 2g. LMK

by dvom do you mean a volt meter? If so, yeah i have one you can borrow.

I think i got the problem sorted out, but i need to wait until i get my battery back from being charged to know for sure. I changed out my isc, but because of all the other issues i found, i went ahead and swaped the original one back in. Also I am going to wire in a viper alarm i got.

I found a nice vacuum hose leak, my vss wire was no longer making contact with the ecu (so the car would not know the difference b/t being at a stop and decelerating), my tb stud (the top one) was striped to all hell so i took it out and replaced it with a bolt, and also found out the egr had no gasket on the block off plate.

hey guys anyone have a stock 1g bov for sale? willing to pick up ....thanks.

hey guys anyone have a stock 1g bov for sale? willing to pick up ....thanks.
I do I just cant find it at the moment. Its in my pile of dsm stuff(HUGE PILE). Ill let you know when I find it. PM me with price your willing to pay. Im pretty busy moving at the moment so dont have time to really look for it but if its worth it I will. LMK

well i think im gonna part out the gsx. Nobody wants to deal with the title issues. Someone has dibs on the fully built motor already but everything like the awd trans, ecu, anything to do with the harness, rear diff, driveshaft, axles, suspension, brakes, Many many very clean interior parts. Exterior parts. Let me know what you guys local need. Ill do all the work to pull the parts. Thanks guys.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back