The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Shootout 2024 scramble

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

We'll meet up at the car show ill be there Friday morning . I'll leave my home town. Or stop by rafal Thursday night to chat. We're both on track. I'm closer than last year. Can't wait.

Sucked it up and finally stripped all the oem seam sealer in the rear. I have been avoiding this and honestly, I’m glad it’s over LOL. Now for new sealer and then paint soon.

1706224680187.jpeg

1706224710732.jpeg

You think you're soooo special because you didn't spin a main bearing after 3 miles on your new build... pfft...
😬 Oh, man. I'm glad you're feeling ok enough to joke about it a lil bit.
I saw you asking on FB for people's opinions. Was the concensus that Eagle products needed special attention with assembly or the thrust surface of the bearing ground for proper clearance?

I saw you asking on FB for people's opinions. Was the concensus that Eagle products needed special attention with assembly or the thrust surface of the bearing ground for proper clearance?
I’m curious about this as well. New Eagle crank going in mine.

The typhoon of that stuff with the grinder at 14k rpm is *fun* hahaha!
Soooo true. It goes freaking EVERYWHERE. Even with the plastic up and everything, it still ended up in the cabin somehow hahaha. Glad it is the last of the sealer I have to deal with. every 10mins of grinding it off, is 30mins of cleaning.

You think you're soooo special because you didn't spin a main bearing after 3 miles on your new build... pfft...
Hahahaha well, still time for all that to happen!! Let's see how it goes on start up and then driving! My secret is that I am using a Manley crank though..?

We didn't really reach a conclusion. I'm thinking I'm going to take the engine to MAPerformance and just have them go through it. Hopefully they can provide some closure on what actually went wrong.

I’ve been watching your build and appreciate the level of work that you’ve been doing. I keep A TON of new OEM hardware in stock for my builds, if you’re ever in need of a specific bolt, clip, etc feel free to message me any time.

Jared

IMG_7801.jpeg

I’ve been watching your build and appreciate the level of work that you’ve been doing. I keep A TON of new OEM hardware in stock for my builds, if you’re ever in need of a specific bolt, clip, etc feel free to message me any time.

Jared

View attachment 720549

How much for the whole table?!! Haha, but seriously.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back