The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A Valve Cover Thread! BLING BLING!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InfiniteGSX

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 10, 2002
Tijeras, New_Mexico
I'm trying to locate all the valve covers that will bolt up to our motors. If there are any I have missed let me know...

Dodge Avenger/Mitsubishi Eclipse/Eagle Talon 420A (OEM to us)
Dodge Neon 420A (Same shape as Stock except it does not say 2.0L 16V DOHC)
Dodge Stratus/PT Cruiser (2.4L 16V DOHC, Similar Shape as the SRT-4)
Dodge Neon SRT-4 (2.4L 16V DOHC Turbo)

So far all of those fit our 420A Motors. The only reason I dont want to use the SRT-4 Valve Cover is because it says 2.4L and not 2.0L. So what I was hopeing I could find was a Valve Cover in the same shape as the SRT-4... but without the letters and numbers so I can make my own...

Makes me wonder if we could use an SRT-4 block... :sneaky: ehh ehh? ha ha!:rocks: :shhh:

Why? :confused:

grab a sharpie and write "2.4L bi*** car". That should work. But I'm probably wrong, as all if not most my information is. :thumb: :notgood:

Not sure if you've seen corbins valve cover or mikes new one, but just about anything can be done with those things. FYI: they're both on 2gnt for those who are able to log in over there...

I feel weird for replying to this thread after 17 years but if anybody in 2024 (or any time LOL) is planning to use a 2.4l turbo valve cover DON'T! I already made the mistake of buying one just so you don't have to do it. It WON'T fit, if you're looking for a similar style go for an N/A, *NON TURBO!!* Stratus 2.4L valve cover.

For reference, the one you should get looks like this:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back