The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G SRS lamp wont turn off šŸ™

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChristianEclipseAuto

5+ Year Contributor
Apr 6, 2018
Roskilde, Europe
Hi DSMā€™er
My horn was not working on my original steering wheel so I took my chance with a new Evo steering wheel and installed it. (With bracket and the switch adapter I had the battery off all the time when installing it.)

After I turned the car on last week the SRS light did not go away. I try to install new airbag clock (brand new) no luck there either šŸ˜“ I tried go back to my stock steering wheel but no luck going back either. SRS still did not go away.

I drive in the summer with my daughter so I won't accept just removing the light bulb.

Hopefully I can get some great response to my problem šŸ™šŸ¼

I just had mine turn on today as well LOL

Alot of people have been goodluck with just replacing the SRS module, located in the center console.
There are procedures for testing ill screen cap here for you to troubleshoot.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I just had mine turn on today as well LOL

Alot of people have been goodluck with just replacing the SRS module, located in the center console.
There are procedures for testing ill screen cap here for you to troubleshoot.

Okay I Will try that. But the connector is the red wire under the steeringwheel right?

But I Think it is the module under the console there is something wrong with. I changed the clock to a brand new with no luck so far.

So when I took off the steering wheel to fix the horn and installed the evo wheel, it must have send some sort of signal even though the batteri was not even in the car šŸ™

Was the clock spring centered? That there was no way that it spun when installed? Also what's the code for the SRS light?

I also had to reset mine with MUT II/III tester after replacing clock spring

Yes the clock springs was not turned or anything. When you buy it from new you install it, put the steeringwheel on and then there is a pin you pull out, and from there it turns with the steeringwheel. I hope this is the right Way to do it ?

Evoscan did not show me any codes at all so I dont know the code. And I dont know What scanner that Can reset the airbag light?

Yes the clock springs was not turned or anything. When you buy it from new you install it, put the steeringwheel on and then there is a pin you pull out, and from there it turns with the steeringwheel. I hope this is the right Way to do it ?

Evoscan did not show me any codes at all so I dont know the code. And I dont know What scanner that Can reset the airbag light?
like I said, MUT II/III scan tool, that involves to go on your closest dealership which has a working one as they are starting to get hard to find even from dealerships, aftermarket scan tool.. maybe AUTEL could work, they provide pretty good system, haven't tried with DSM yet but they do have mitsubishi/chrylser cable extensions at least

I have a detachable steering wheel. I fixed my SRS light by removing the lamp from the back of the gauge cluster. Lol

the module under the center console usually goes bad.

if you unplug the module the light goes away. I do not believe the module communicates with the obd port, it just measures resistance of the sensors plugged to it. I could be wrong though
I concur. If you remove the SRS module under the console, all of the lights will go away on the dash, and the codes or lack therof. Now for the OP...I think he was eluding to wanting to keep the airbag functions, so that may not be as desirable of an option as most of us would think.

Y'all are suggesting just getting rid of the light, not fixing the issue, he clearly states that he wants airbags to be functional, also I'm not sure if in -97 model you can do key dance to Morse the code but that should show SRS codes as well

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back