The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Evo 3 Big 16g vs Hyrbid 16g with a 20g wheel

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryancampbell98

Proven Member
Mar 24, 2023
Wildomar, California
What would you guys recommend? a Evo 3 big 16g or a modified 16g with a 20g compressor wheel upgrade. I ran a Evo 3 16g before and I enjoyed the spool time and power I got out of it. I got a different eclipse soth a hybrid 16g with a 20g compressor wheel. I know the 20g is more laggy but I want to make the same torque and power as I did with the Evo 3 16g (300-350hp). I want to know if it’s worth keeping the hybrid 20g setup or switching to an Evo 3 for less lag. Is it worth paying to switch turbos?

Keep what you got if its working and tune for a bite more spool up. You will want a bite more power down the line anyway as most do, so allows for a bit more room to grow but you will be restricted by the turbine housing anyway so not much more air you can get in without issues getting it out

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back