The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

After upgrading to 560cc injectors the car really bucks after letting off from WOT

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kobykris

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 15, 2003
fdsa, Arizona
After building full boost ~20psi the car really bucks after I let off the gas from WOT. It is kinda violent and whatnot, but it doesn't backfire or anything. The logger shows low/mid/high fuel trims all sitting at 100% and sometimes the mid/low will sit around 96%-98%.

mmine does this too sometimes, its reeally annoying and violent
im on 550

You are probably running rich. It sounds like you are experiencing rich studder. I had this problem and I had to lean things out quite a bit to get rid of it.

What are you using for tuning?

i had the same problem with my car...i have a 420a turbo..but on my car advancing the timing a little bit (maybe 2 degrees) solved the problem...just an idea for you 4g63 guys to try

Yeah I thought about that, but I figued it wasn't running rich enough to do that. I can try giving her a bit of timing tonight and see if it still happens.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back