The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

General 98-99 Black Box ECU in 96 GST not working

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryancampbell98

Proven Member
Mar 24, 2023
Wildomar, California
Yes the firing order is correct. Already addressed this. Car cranks up perfectly with stock ECU. Switch over to black box and the fuel pump doesn’t even turn on. Doesn’t even attempt to crank. Bad ECU?

Any reason you went with blackbox ECU instead of ECMLink or anything else?
For the fact that I was getting a pro tune on a dyno, the black box ECU was perfect for my needs. It’s obviously flashable and allowed my tuner to work his magic and get the car running properly and get me my desired power goals.

It’s significantly cheaper than ECMLink also. If I wanted to learn how to tune it myself and toy around with a ton of features I would have went ECMLink for sure. I've heard it is very user friendly and a good platform for learning.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back