The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

350whp build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigmike4g63t

Supporting Member
Apr 17, 2010
Batesville, Mississippi
I'm getting close to start looking into building a engine then swapping it with the one in my car. I would like to be around 350whp and as reliable as possible. Any suggestions or ideas? Estimate on costs? I'm not looking to cheap out on anything but I don't want to waste money where not needed either.

Last edited:
Stock rods and pistons are fine, but if you have to overbore, it's harder to find plus sized OE cast. You may have to go forged just due to availability. Then you have a rod thing to consider your options for.

If on stock rods, for 350whp rod bolts are unnecessary.

750cc+ injectors on gas, 850 or bigger on corn, give yourself as much breathing room as possible here. If e85 make sure your entire fuel system is ethanol compatible.
Fuel pump, 255 should be just fine.
New wear items (seals, filters, etc.)
Inspect and measure the condition of oil pump and replace if necessary

Well you’ve gotten the opinions and a list LOL, now it’s on YOU, you know the saying “ a cars only as reliable as its owner” top shelf parts will still fail upon improper assembly, machine work aside your cars reliability is up to you :thumb:

Thanks for responses. My idea is for the car to be "easily?" making 350ish whp and not be straining and pushing everything to its limits. In my thoughts it seems that would make it more reliable.
You need a bigger turbo then, like HX35 would easily make 350WHP on low boost

Guys are doing over 400WHP+ with it

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The Big 16g IMO is a good 115-120mph in the quarter turbo. This is the BEST street turbo for a street 4g63 DSM in my opinion. I know people have gone 130+ with these. I know the history and tricks that were required to go that fast. I'm speaking in general street car and street available fuel terms. PM me if you want more info.

The 20G Will do 120-125MPH in the quarter quite nicely. It will spool 300-500rpm slower than a 16G. This may be desirable depending on your goals.

I REALLY like every 16G car I've ever had. My current car has done 360WHP mustang dyno on a big 16g E85 and 340whp on 93 octane both at 20 psi. The engine is close to 11:1 compression with weisco's so it leans on octane when air temps are above 80F. The rods are stock but it does have cams and springs.

I really like both MHI 16G and 20G turbos. It comes down to what kind of spool characteristics you want, what top end power you want, and what octane you can run the car on. You WILL be on a FMIC and you WILL need fuel system upgrades and DSMLink or better.

Danl said it best. The 16g’s I’ve had have been my favorite street turbos and most absolute fun to drive. My last 16g set up made 420whp and 430wtq spiking 28lbs on a dynapak on e85, not typical results and every dyno reads different but that was an extremely fun set up and I’ll be going back to a 16g on my rotted out 1ga I’m fooling with while I decide exactly what I’m doing with my 1gb.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back