The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

What is this car worth / Is this car a good deal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devilsfutbol17

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 27, 2007
Bellingham, Washington
I found a 1996 Spyder GST for $4900. It is a 5-speed, 91,000 miles on it, white with black top, 17 inch rims. There is 80% tread left on the tires but the guy has a brand new never used set of tires for the car that is included in the price. He says the top doesn't leak, but it had a rip and was repaired, but he didn't like it, so he bought a brand new oem top that isn't installed and is included with the car. He says the interior is really nice, everything inside works, but you have to help the top up a little bit. He doesn't know if the timing belt has been replaced or not. It has a 3 inch cat back exhaust, 16G turbo, apexi intake and a greddy bov. He says it runs great and has no issues. He says he just wants to get rid of it because he doesn't drive it and its taking up space in his garage, which sounds good to me because he kept it garaged at least. he also said that the paint is good on it, no clear coat coming off, no body damage or dents. I'm going to check for crankwalk be looking at the clutch pedal when I turn left. I have been talking to the guy over the phone and I'm suppose to go drive for 4 hours to go and buy it if it checks out on Thursday. Does it sound good? Should I ask him or check for other things on it?
full_car.jpg
engine.jpg
partial_engine.jpg

Most domestic guys think that there's no replacement for displacement too. I have a pretty good hunch that forced induction is a replacement for displacement though. a lot of guys in the domestic world get challenged by ricers. You know the type. They can hardly drive auto, let alone manual. Their cars are all stock except for the 500 lbs sound system. You would laugh too.
Giving me a hard time? You guys are mean! Ha ha.

Yes, this is definately not a ricer community,
Glad to have you here :p

I'm probably the biggest ricer on the site.. Lol.

Pff,, rims on an NT.. What was I thinking..

so i ended up buying a 1990 eagle talon tsi awd with no motor or trans for 300 dollars....

it came with the hood the front bumper 2 replacement rear bumpers KYB shocks and struts with Eibach springs. has new clutch master cylinder new clutch pedal assembly and all polyearathen mounts and bushings. also came with 2 transfer cases both working came with 2 extra sets of drive shafts, new radiator, new alternator, and all the interior pieces since the car was gutted... i got the car for 300 it has no rust and no dents i believe it has one scratch and no cracks in the glass. and the seat belts were converted to the canadian style. :thumb:

so did i get a deal or did i loose my A**?

plans are 6 bolt with a 14b for the winter so i can park and build my spyder then next summer drive the built spyder and build the AWD into a V8 eater LOL ...

or i might just turn around and sell it?

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 245
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 252
  • 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 252
  • 3-1.jpg
    3-1.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 253
Clean the entire car out first off LOL.... And take a note pad while looking through it to see what it needs and what you want. Then start adding prices.

I think you got a steal.

I have a 90 Power tr unit for that car just sitting here.

A rolling chassis like that goes on eBay for between 1000 to 2500 regularly. Nice catch!

after i cleaned it up...

i also found steal braided brake lines, steal braided clutch lines, steal braided turbo lines along with the KYB shocks and struts there is a dial on the side the looks like there adjustable..

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 213
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 213
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 216
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 218
jeez ## iphone sucks for takin pics. DRAG CAR!!!...

Helluva steal! I've been lookin' for a cheap 1g AWD to play around with. Might have found one...62k original miles, cracked mani, almost pristine...800 clams. But then I'll have 3 cars to try to haul across the country! So I'm not sure yet.

But seriously, I'm jealous. I would have snatched that up in a second. :thumb:

5000 for a 98 gst mint in out, 67k, all original, no rust, new clutch, only mods are 3" apexi exhaust and 2?? something downpipe.

That is a steal. I paid 2000 for a 97 gst with 69000 miles, but it needed a new tranny, so it came out to around 5000. And then I still had to do the belts and all that, and it had pretty bad tower rust.

If it's in as good of shape as you're saying, get it before someone else does.:thumb:

thanks guys, im going to look at it tomorrow and bringing cash with me. im not sure if the timing belt has been done yet?? is it a hard diy? ill take some pics and post them up after.

I wish you could get 2g gst's n gsx's here in Canada for that low...there arn't alot around here so they all go for $10g's or more for good clean close to stock ones, I paid $17,500 for a mint 97 GS-T completly stock with 40,000 miles, it now has 86xxx and minor mods, new timing belt, water pump and i could probly still get $14 g's for it if i sold it LOL maybe I should go to the states, buy a couple cheap, bring em back n sell em for some profit? LOL

Sounds like a good deal. Just have it checked over first to make sure it is correct mileage and no hidden defects anywhere.

ok hello im kris,

thsi is my first dsm ever to get, im trading it for my crx fully built etc, i work and am part owner of tka automotive in rockford,il

never worked on dsm othe rhtne new gen v6 , otherwsie im honda/mazda shop,

so heres list of what the guy has, and tell me what questiosn to ask and whats good and bad, give me some full on input, thanks kris

Im the first and only owner TO MOD IT 3rd owner its 140,000 miles but mostly highway the car was first owned by a female doctor then was sold to a church who sold it to a friend of mine so its never been beaten on to bad I do oil changes every 2,500 miles with mobile1 ow-30 currently for mods its got

95 tsi talon

running 14psi spike 17-18 but good for 20,
Eclipse 2gb front end
tinted windows
2gb headlights (tinted)
8K HIDs
Real Greddy Front Mount & Piping
Fully Shaved Valve Cover Power Coated and Painted Mirror Black
Extreme PSI Upper Hard Piping
Extreme PSI J pipe and Lower Piping
Greddy (style) BOV
Hard Piping Turbo Intake Pipe W/ Filter (painted Pearl Black)
Real Mitsubishi EVO3 Big 16g
Tubonetics Manual Boost Controller
A Pillar Boost Guage (Street Glow)
Spoiler Shaved And Removed Rear Wiper
Shift Kit
Street Tuned On DSMLINK2.5
Front Emblem Shaved
Painted Mirrors (Same Color as Car)
Rear Center (talon) Light Shaved and Color Matched
Alpine CD Player
1 10' Diamond Mac Daddy Sub
Pioneer amp
System All Mounted On Removable Board (track days)
New Battery
New Alternator
Tubular 02 housing
3in Downpipe
3in Full Exhaust (N1)
Chrome GST Rims with Faces Painted Pearl Black
680cc Injectors
Externaly Waisgated 02 Housing W/ Turbonetics WG
All Stock Parts if Wanted

WHA TU GUYS THINK ?? GUY has good built or shit ? he said all new gaskets etc on drivetraina are done, also he said stock cltuch ???

what shoudl power be at ? questiosn to ask him ? etc THANKS

If it has that stuff done then it has been modded before you. How much is he asking for it?

well yeha but hes saying his 1st owner to mod it befor eit was women and soem chick, its a trade, what is the value ? body is PERFECT but power wise what am i lookign at ? doe she have a good setup ? any questiosn to ask abotu thr dsm as i dotnknwo crap about them ? he said the knock thing he has set to 3 but never blinks, and stoock cluthc ?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back