The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

What did you do to your DSM today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

@b00zt3d spyd3r i hope your s90 install goes better than 90% of the ones I see posted on here with people having nothing but problems with them. This could be user error too though or poor install. Good luck 👍

-Daniel
Yeah I've heard some horror stories LOL ofc this was after I already purchased 🤣🤣🤣 almost makes me wanna sell it and buy a rebuilt stock one

Yeah I've heard some horror stories LOL ofc this was after I already purchased 🤣🤣🤣 almost makes me wanna sell it and buy a rebuilt stock one
I rebuild the s90 throttle bodies. They are all leaky right out of the box and cause all sorts of issues. I do a full teardown and replace the leaky bearings with the correct seals and they hold pretty all the boost you'll throw at them. I don't really post it in here but I'm pretty known on the Facebook groups as the guy for them. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Last edited:
@ethancemer I have a hatred for penndot. Have to get your vehicle inspected every year to be safe for the roads. The roads are what’s not safe 😂.

They tar and chipped my road the other day. Well they tarred it and kicked some rocks off the side of the road on to it is what it looks like they did.

-Daniel

@ethancemer I have a hatred for penndot. Have to get your vehicle inspected every year to be safe for the roads. The roads are what’s not safe 😂.

They tar and chipped my road the other day. Well they tarred it and kicked some rocks off the side of the road on to it is what it looks like they did.

-Daniel
This sounds like somethings the Gears & Gasoline dude would say to throw shade at Pennsylvania LOL

I rebuild the s90 throttle bodies. They are all leaky right out of the box and cause all sorts of issues. I do a full teardown and replace the leaky bearings with the correct seals and they hold pretty all the boost you'll throw at them. I don't really post it in here but I'm pretty known on the Facebook groups as the guy for them. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.
This is good to know. Thank you.

Swapped out my JNZ short shifter for OEM. I NEED ALL THE SHIFT

Swapped my leaky braided AN turbo coolant line for shielded flexible pushlock (45minutes thanks to slippery coolant and girthy penis fingers.)

Solved my unicorn DTC 0024 by putting a screw back where it belonged in the cluster

Continued to figure out why my twin disc doesn't feel like it should.

Ordered a new wideband O2 sensor

Last edited:

-Daniel
Mannnn dont get me started on our roads...pittsburgh notorious for cracking all my wheels

Mannnn dont get me started on our roads...pittsburgh notorious for cracking all my wheels
That's how the cops here can tell you're drunk on a Friday/Saturday night.. if you hit all the potholes. Swerving around like a drunk driver is actually considered a sign of sobriety up here.

Finally got the gumption up and drove it from my house to the gas station(like 10-12 minutes away).

So much fun. It was just a boring break-in drive, but man it's so nice to drive a DSM again. The coilovers suck, but not as bad as I expected. It also dies when you put it into neutral, but I'm pretty sure it's something in the tune. It'll idle when you start it back up, and the rev range is perfectly fine. Regulates temperature perfectly(so good that the fans rarely need to come on and when they do it's for a short time) and the gas gauge does indeed work. Woot!

But yeah, that's what I did. Lol. This weekend I'll do wiring and try to fix the seatbelts not working.

Finally got the gumption up and drove it from my house to the gas station(like 10-12 minutes away).

So much fun. It was just a boring break-in drive, but man it's so nice to drive a DSM again. The coilovers suck, but not as bad as I expected. It also dies when you put it into neutral, but I'm pretty sure it's something in the tune. It'll idle when you start it back up, and the rev range is perfectly fine. Regulates temperature perfectly(so good that the fans rarely need to come on and when they do it's for a short time) and the gas gauge does indeed work. Woot!

But yeah, that's what I did. Lol. This weekend I'll do wiring and try to fix the seatbelts not working.
it dying when you put it into neutral is a mechanical issue not your tune. you clearly have a leak somewhere

Streetlight flywheel doesn't help. Could be as simple as changing the deceleration fuel cut if the IPS and ISC are functional. Sounds like something to discuss in you AMS thread.

Streetlight flywheel doesn't help. Could be as simple as changing the deceleration fuel cut if the IPS and ISC are functional. Sounds like something to discuss in you AMS thread.

Agreed! (for anyone curious though I think the decel fuel cut is untouched or not used)

Still trying to pull the dash out but can't get around the steering wheel. I'm considering dropping the wheel by unbolting the column from the two brackets. Good news is that the engine is done. Just waiting on hearing back from ohms racing to order the harness

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Still trying to pull the dash out but can't get around the steering wheel. I'm considering dropping the wheel by unbolting the column from the two brackets. Good news is that the engine is done. Just waiting on hearing back from ohms racing to order the harness

That’s what you have to do to pull the dash. Just pull them two bolts and let the column rest on the floor until you’re done.

-Daniel

Repurposed my Walbro connector for the float and low fuel wires.

Punched in the relief valves with stainless hardware.

Soldered and sealed the wiring to the 450's. This is PTFE wiring rated for e85 and it is NICE to work with. I've never paid attention to the quality of wire before, just the gauge. There's no going back after using this stuff. Sealant is clear this time rated for e85 unlike our trusty JBWeld.

There sure is a lot of down-to-the-millimeter with this project. Here I had to file the head of the float bolt. I may just not use this bolt at all or source a plastic bolt, or use a beveled philips head so it will sit more flush. I'll find out tomorrow when the epoxy sets over my soldering and I can assemble the whole thing but I'm not particularly satisfied with this.

On and off today as my sick body allowed, I took ac off and tied up so as to not have to drain and refill freon when back together. Also took off most of remaining parts holding block in the bay. Knock sensor, altenator, clutch line, transmission cables, speedometer cable, starter wiring....

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back