The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Spyder Spyder GS won’t start

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Why spyder

Probationary Member
Jun 9, 2023
Las vegas, Nevada
I’m whyspyder this is my project car dying to drive it again.

could me using a black box ecu. Instead of the gold one 9947 is it’s number matter do I need to change any pins for the black box. Ecu will work

Question I have a 1998 eclipse spider came with 2.4 liter n/t I put a4g63t out of 1995 eclipse I jumped time so I put the 4 g64 back in but I kept the 16g evolution 111 turbo in it 450cc injectors now it won’t start got power to crank sensor and cam sensor no spark aany thing I’m missing i have three black box existing but none run I tried the gold metal one nothing still my ignition is out would that cause a no start where is the sad relay car cranks got fuel no spark tested crank sensor it goes from 1.75v to1.25v and back again

Last edited by a moderator:

could me using a black box ecu. Instead of the gold one 9947 is it’s number matter do I need to change any pins for the black box. Ecu will work

Question I have a 1998 eclipse spider came with 2.4 liter n/t I put a4g63t out of 1995 eclipse I jumped time so I put the 4 g64 back in but I kept the 16g evolution 111 turbo in it 450cc injectors now it won’t start got power to crank sensor and cam sensor no spark aany thing I’m missing i have three black box existing but none run I tried the gold metal one nothing still my ignition is out would that cause a no start where is the sad relay car cranks got fuel no spark tested crank sensor it goes from 1.75v to1.25v and back again
Your post is a little bit hard to understand. Can you post a few photos of the engine bay? Maybe someone will see something that’s hooked up wrong.

Second the confusion on the details of this post.

Stock 4G64 injectors are 275cc, so the 450's are going to be too rich. It sounds like your fuel pump is working. The ecu obviously knows the engine is cranking in order to activate the fuel pump.

If you made the 4G64 fuel pump relay mod (the one under the left cover of the center console) then you can run a 4G63 black box ecu. But since you say you have fuel under the hood, you either made this mod already or have the fuel pump wired another way.

Older versions (metal) of the ECUs do have a different firing order so pick one ecu and stick with it to troubleshoot. Do you have any spark or no spark at all during cranking?

I have no spark I had the black box evo 8 flashed with ceddy mods I now have a 1995 harness with the 4g64 back in it I have power to cam and crank sensor but no spark

You may have a problem with power to, or power from your ignition relay which is located behind the radio.

You will want to verify power to and from your ignition transistor.

Electrical issues are no fun because the cause seems mysterious. There is a sequence you can follow to verify the correct power paths and range values. These procedures are spelled out in the archives here in the forum and in web sources.

Maybe some others on here who have experienced the same thing will jump in with more specifics, but at least with the posts on this forum, you can get started.

Remember, with electrical issues, knowing what’s NOT wrong helps you more quickly find what is wrong.

I like the answer can I have voltage at the crank the cam the coil the power transistor and still no spark could there be no power to computer maybe even thou there’s power everywhere else

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back