The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Drag Race Build KRATOS V2

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I’ve still been playing with transmission pressures, I’m hoping tonight after some more valvebody changes the pressures are where I’d like to see them. Went ahead and through a diff locker in, this I have no idea if it’s going to improve anything at all but willing to give it a try. Also the new rear billet clutch basket has arrived. This is a re-incarnation to Jeff Bush retiring his program for the auto dsm world. Super excited I was able to get one and no more worrying about a cracked basket at the splines anymore. Back in December through a normal conversation with Jeff I brought up the input shaft and he said he actually had one sitting in the garage so I went ahead and purchased that off of him. The circle d bolt together torque converter should be done by August and with kiggly bringing out straight cut planetary gears we are well in our way to a truly bulletproof transmission no more weak links left. Now if someone wants to lend me $2+ k for Magnus billet tcase gear set LOL. Boost on

IMG_8677.jpeg

IMG_8678.jpeg

IMG_8680.jpeg

IMG_8681.jpeg

IMG_8682.jpeg

IMG_8683.jpeg

IMG_8684.jpeg

I’ve still been playing with transmission pressures, I’m hoping tonight after some more valvebody changes the pressures are where I’d like to see them. Went ahead and through a diff locker in, this I have no idea if it’s going to improve anything at all but willing to give it a try. Also the new rear billet clutch basket has arrived. This is a re-incarnation to Jeff Bush retiring his program for the auto dsm world. Super excited I was able to get one and no more worrying about a cracked basket at the splines anymore. Back in December through a normal conversation with Jeff I brought up the input shaft and he said he actually had one sitting in the garage so I went ahead and purchased that off of him. The circle d bolt together torque converter should be done by August and with kiggly bringing out straight cut planetary gears we are well in our way to a truly bulletproof transmission no more weak links left. Now if someone wants to lend me $2+ k for Magnus billet tcase gear set LOL. Boost on

View attachment 727114

I would really recommend against the "diff locker" unless you have extra carriers and spider gears. It presses the spider gears against the sides of the diff and the washers that sit between the spider gears and carrier wear out quickly and then will damage the carrier and gears. I run one of those devices in my dirt track car. It does help with traction on the dirt but wears the washers pretty badly within 1 season. I replace the washers every season and have several spare transmissions so I'm ok with the wear but I don't think it would be worth it for most people. Just my .02

I would really recommend against the "diff locker" unless you have extra carriers and spider gears. It presses the spider gears against the sides of the diff and the washers that sit between the spider gears and carrier wear out quickly and then will damage the carrier and gears. I run one of those devices in my dirt track car. It does help with traction on the dirt but wears the washers pretty badly within 1 season. I replace the washers every season and have several spare transmissions so I'm ok with the wear but I don't think it would be worth it for most people. Just my .02
I’m going to give it a try for a tnt session then pull it out to check wear. If it improves my 60ft it will be worth it but I know the open diff is just fine into the 7 second zone. I appreciate the info though and will pay extra attention to it.

I tested a whole lot of stuff with the trans but something seemed off so I ripped the trans back out. Oh yes this is getting old. But the good thing is the new billet basket and the billet input shaft are going in.

IMG_8744.jpeg

IMG_8745.jpeg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back