The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A Idle Surging

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skyline-Tweak

Proven Member
Nov 11, 2012
Kunkletown, Pennsylvania
420A. So after I pulled the engine and transmission, put it all back together and started to have idling issues. No code at first. So I started the car and pulled the IAC Motor plug. Ran the same. Then plugged it back in and it threw a code. P0505. Took the IAC Motor out. Tested it. It's good. Harness is shot. Tested with test light. Nothing frayed or melted. Anyone have a 95 420A ECU pin out to test for shorts? If no shorts come up any ideas on what it could be? Need the car for work tomorrow. Thank you in advance.

Okay, so I continued to mess with the IAC. I reinstalled the IAC since the motor tested fine. Manual said 38-52 Ohms. It's at 51. Tested the connector and it wasnt getting power through any of the 4 prongs. Tried to follow some wires and got lost. Looked for a pinout and can't find one. I was planning on testing it through the wires to the closest point to the ecu to see if there's a short. Now I'm wondering, if I follow the wires and if there's no power running out of the computer, then what do I do? I was told unplugging a computer from its harness resets the computer. Would that be bad?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back