The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

ECMlink Cannot get car to idle correctly

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jed344

Supporting VIP
Jan 10, 2008
Waterville, Iowa
I am not new to ecm link or tuning with it but i am having a hard time getting my idle tuning set up on the new set up. Car is stock motor accept for hks 272's. I am running fic 1050cc injectors on e85, Fuel pressure is set up to stock pressure. What should i be shooting for airflow per rev with my cams. The idle is set at 1,000rpm but it likes to sit between 950-1050 rpm and air flow per rev is around .27-.28. I can get the car to idle between 14.5-15.3 cycling on the wide band with combined FT bouncing between -4.9% to -10%. Any attempts to change dead time or global or maf compensation will move the airflow per rev anywhere from .25 to .30 i can keep it right in good a/f range on gauge but will just throw my FT threw the roof up to -16%. What should i target for air flow per rev? car idles around 11in manifold vacuum. If need be i can take a idle log and post it up just is confusing me first time trying to set up a car with cams.

Did you input your injector size and calculate. And adjust the dead time and global? Starting point is -57 and 330. You also may need a higher idle with those cams. Posting a log would be best

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back