The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Will Bigger Injectors serve any purpose?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSGoinFast

DSM N/T Wiseman
DSM Wiseman
Nov 24, 2003
Chicago, Illinois
ok, i am installing my Zex wet kit tomarro... well actually its 2:54am so i will be installing it today. but a kid wants to sell me his S-AFC which i am gonna buy, and his 500cc injectors. my question is will these bigger injectors serve any purpose now, or will they be futile? thanks for the help

hey man whats up? Good luck on the install......now 500cc injectors r huge. Sure is more fuel and getting more air while being tuned good? Of course, but 500cc's are way to big IMO, if anything pick up (i think they are 390cc or 350cc) from hahn. Our stock injectors are 190cc so as you can tell a jump to 550 ....pretty big jump LOL.

Hey don't forget to take alot of pics & good notes for a write up :dsm:

my stupid friend left for kentucky or somehting without bringing his camera over. but i will take notes and and pics when i can get his camera. but i am having some problems, im extremely confused on some stuff. like where am i suppose to wire this shit into? like what power source. and how to thread my intake. and where the lead to the TPS is? ahhh man im freaking out

I wanted to know if bigger injectors would make a diff for me. I installed a bigger IM and will order a larger diameter throttle body to match (the hole on the OBX IM will have to be cut bigger). I think I need more fuel flow to match.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

miamieclipse said:
how is that obx manifold in comparison to the stock manifold?

Well I definately think it looks good but I'm more about performance. It was a bi*** to install for someone like me with no patience first off and second I don't think I'll feel much difference until I get the new throttle body mounted.

I can't see how it would not increase air intake due to the size and the runners are definately smoother for better air flow. It eliminates the plenum intake because it's all one piece vrs the stock units 2 piece.

what size are the outlets? Didn't you have to do some fabbing to get it to fit correctly?

those are the reasons why i am taking 100$ and having my intake manifold p&p (not only will larger ports and work better but its going to be 1/2 the price hehe) it utilizes same manifold so no fabbing will be needed :cool: . I'll give you that it leaves a nice shine under the hood that p&p my own manifold won't. Anyways back to your original question, what are your mods done right now (including the tb you are going to put on)?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back