The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G What FMIC should I get with 20G turbo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T'd Up Steve

Proven Member
Nov 16, 2021
SANTA ANA, California
Hey guys,

I am in the process of ordering a FMIC from ETS. It is the ETS 7 inch street intercooler. I have a Billet 20G turbo that I am going to install am I just am wondering would this be an appropriate intercooler kit for this turbo? I am also using the 1g BOV on my 2G GSX. My questions are does anyone selling a piping kit for this intercooler? Or would I have to fabricate my own? Are there any intercoolers that are sold with a piping kit that fit the 20G turbo?

Just found this one on EBAY.

Just curious on what would work. Let me know what you guys think. Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
Considering you have a 2gb Eclipse, the 7" ETS core might not fill the entire opening, , I think the opening is taller than that.

I personally run the Treadstone TR1045 but they also have the TR1035 which would be more fitting to your needs, they also allow you to retain your fog lights.

The only kits that come with the piping are the CX Racing style sold on ebay. The piping is ok but the cores are pretty meh, the piping does however work perfect with the Treadstone core.

Considering you have a 2gb Eclipse, the 7" ETS core might not fill the entire opening, , I think the opening is taller than that.

I personally run the Treadstone TR1045 but they also have the TR1035 which would be more fitting to your needs, they also allow you to retain your fog lights.

The only kits that come with the piping are the CX Racing style sold on ebay. The piping is ok but the cores are pretty meh, the piping does however work perfect with the Treadstone core.
Thank you for your response. I decided to go with the CX racing FMIC. Hopefully it works for what I need it for. I will post updates on how it is on my build profile once everything is installed.

Thank you for your response. I decided to go with the CX racing FMIC. Hopefully it works for what I need it for. I will post updates on how it is on my build profile once everything is installed.
I have a 1G (that's in shambles under construction) and went with with ETS's 7" tall X 3.5" thick intercooler. They say it'll support enough airflow for 500 HP. I'm going to eventually build around a KTS-D645/TD06 turbo; which will flow slightly more than a 20G. Contact them if you're curious - even if you don't plan to buy anything.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back