The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Using an oil dipstick to clear your drains

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you have a spare oil dipstick, this is the mod for you. Buddy gave this 2g one to me for free but I have a 6 bolt so I couldn’t use it. I had the idea to simply cut off the end and then took off any sharp edges with a dremel and a flap wheel.

I park my car outside and dirt, leaves, debris etc always seem to get stuck at the bends of the drain tubes. With this it easily gets inserted and clears that up. Just wipe it off and toss it into the trunk for the next time.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

it is a great idea, i have in the past just put a blow gun from my compressor in the hole and hoped for the best, then after pour water down it then more compressed air

Good idea.... .. heres something I would do in the 80 series land cruiser. I used the plastic line off a weed Wacker and would run it all the way down until it pops out then poor water in the hole and good to go. Cheers 🤙

Be careful with using those, some of the drains on these cars are so hard and brittle that they are begging to tear. It's worth taking the trim apart back there and inspecting the line, easy to replace when you're there. Better than letting that moisture in and rotting out the thin metal separating you from sucking exhaust LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back