The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A Need somewhere to buy new stainless steel exhaust for my 1997 eclipse rs 2.0 non-turbo, 1966 cc

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Myjr

Probationary Member
Dec 30, 2022
Largo, Florida
I have a 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse 2.0L non-turbo , naturally aspirated, 1996 cc motor that needs a new set of headers. It currently has a 4-1 set up, I think maybe a 4-2-1 set up would be better? (yes?) I think I want to go with stainless steel and then send them out to Jet-Hot to ceramic coat them for less heat in the engine bay. Can someone give me somewhere reputable to go to order the headers?

Does anyone have any other suggestions on the set up of these headers? the reason I ask is because we had the motor rebuilt with "eagle claw rods" and "JE Pistons" bored over 20 and I in the process we now find out the headers are cracked when they started it up for me. I dont want to run the car with an exhaust leak.

I will be grateful for any input on this whatsoever. Thanks

Search before posting, there’s many forums in the “420a bolt-on tech” that would be helpful to your question. The only headers available for our cars are going to be eBay ones, Spelab, SRS tuning, Flashark, etc. Megan racing used to make them but stopped a few years back, Your best bet is to buy from eBay and hope it fits, I bought headers and a DP from spelab and the DP didn’t fit so be warned.

Yep, not much is available anymore. There are still a few DC Sports 4-2-1 headers floating around on Ebay and the classifieds. But if you want something new, it's pretty much going to be a basic cookie cutter China 4-1. I would definitely verify fitment before sending it off to get coated.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back