The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Need help with rear brakes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chasguns

Probationary Member
Feb 6, 2023
Saraland, Alabama
99 GSX. I’m reassembling the rear end and I’m having trouble getting my new rear rotor over the new Ebrake shoes. It’s so close, but will not slip over. Can someone please tell me if I ordered the wrong parts? Or if I assembled the brakes wrong. Thank you.

***I am not using those shields

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Well it might not be the issue but if its catching then possibly? but evo backing shilds dont have mounting for the calipers since evos mount to the knuckle vs a dsm, So those are the wrong ones. The evo shoes will be fine i bekieve as i use galant/evo shoes. It looks installed correctly so check all gals to see if its not resting properly

Those Evo shields were returned and I found OEM shields for the GSX.

I have no idea. I’ve studied this setup all around and the only way I see to create more clearance would be to have a shorter adjustment piece. I have searched high and low for threads that address this and there aren’t many.

No not many about as its not a problem it seems. So in that case you need to cross ref each evo part you are using to DSM parts and see if they can be crossed over. While use evo rear rotors i have not looked at an evo rear adjuster or spring kit vs a dsm. Maybe that differs slightly? Im only guessing. When i rebuilt mine i got a lockheed spring kit that was for a dsm. I reused the original adjuster. But galant/evo shoes. Worked fine so i cannot even think where the issue may lay. If you got your old kit place it all side by side and check

We just went through the exact same thing not too long ago and a bunch of us missed it. 😆 Wasn't gonna miss it this time. Lol.

Thread 'Rotors won’t fit over e brake' https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/rotors-won’t-fit-over-e-brake.543402/
Wow it is more of an issue. I was lucky and took pics at the time to go back to in case. I do with multiple bolts or springs to always revert back vs guessing. But 1 thing i always remembered was the spring being an adjuster stopper. I paid more attention on his order of parts on this post then his other pics. Still might of missed it though haha

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back