The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Lean tune issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lapointebrett

Probationary Member
Dec 28, 2022
Jacksonville, Florida
I recently rebuilt my motor and swapped over to speed density when putting everything back together, I'm using a 4bar Omni power MAP and GM IAT. My tuner came and put a tune on my car for the speed density conversion. After a while he got the tune dialed in I was even doing short pulls in my neighborhood to get some break in on the new build. After we were finished driving he saved the tune and I thought all was good.

The next day I went to drive the car and after starting up the idle would slowly get more lean until the car would drop RPMs and not want to run. It also acts super lean during any throttle causing it to feel spuddery and barely accelerate.

Does anyone know what could have possibly happened overnight?

This really has me stumped because I'm not super knowledgeable on tuning so this is very frustrating to have happen especially after my second rebuild. I just want to be about to drive my car, any help would be appreciated.

I recently rebuilt my motor and swapped over to speed density when putting everything back together, I'm using a 4bar Omni power map and gm iat. My tuner came and put a tune on my car for the speed density conversion. After a while he got the tune dialed in I was even doing short pulls in my neighborhood to get some break in on the new build. After we were finished driving he saved the tune and I thought all was good. The next day I went to drive the car and after starting up the idle would slowly get more lean until the car would drop rpms and not want to run, it also acts super lean during any throttle causing it to feel spuddery and barely accelerate. Does anyone know what could have possibly happened overnight, this really has me stumped because I'm not super knowledgeable on tuning so this is very frustrating to have happen especially after my second rebuild, I just want to be about to drive my car, any help would be appreciated.
I forgot to mention I am running ecmlink

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back