The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

How to get your radio code in 2023

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I spoke to someone at Mitsubishi they sent me a link to put in a request. She said this is the correct link to use as it will go to actual agents:

When you go to that site, scroll down and you’ll see a drop down menu. Radio code trouble is the option to select.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Fill out as much info as you can there. You’ll need your vin, the serial number and part number on the radio as well. Serial and p/n can be found on the top of the radio

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I didn’t get an email with the code so I called back 3 days later. Since the request was there they gave me the code over the phone.

The phone number to call is 1 (888) 648-7820 it’s automated to start so press 1 then 5 then * and it’ll put you with a live radio code agent.

Write the code on the radio in sharpie and cover it with a clear piece of tape so that you’ll never have to do it again

Last edited:
If the radio is the original unit, you can also visit your local dealer with the VIN, and ask them to run a Superscreen in the dealer portal. This will include the info on your car (selling dealer, in service date, etc., including the radio code).

Good info but to clarify this a bit, lets say I buy a used stereo/CD/ cassette etc, player from a junkyard or someone gifts me one, and I want to make it work in my car, would this work in a car with a different vin then the original, or is this just for the original unit fitted to the original car?

You shouldn't need the VIN of the car but the number on top of the head unit. I had one about 12 years ago and used the number from the unit and used in a different car and it worked.
This used to be an easily accomplished thing, but Mitsubishi has recently revamped their Dealer Link website, and I'm not sure that the radio code lookup is still active. The Vehicle Superscreen page is, which is why I suggested that route, but it won't work if it's not the original radio.

I'll do some digging into this further next week if I can remember.

Edit: I decided to do this before I forgot. The radio code lookup (via radio serial #) is still present, but is now under the Vehicle Superscreen page as an option.

Anyone would be able to help me with this since I'm in Europe? Our dealers won't be able to figure this out, and calling a US number would cost me some big penny LOL

Good info but to clarify this a bit, lets say I buy a used stereo/CD/ cassette etc, player from a junkyard or someone gifts me one, and I want to make it work in my car, would this work in a car with a different vin then the original, or is this just for the original unit fitted to the original car?
I sold a radio and the person used their own VIN to get the code with the instructions above.

Anyone would be able to help me with this since I'm in Europe? Our dealers won't be able to figure this out, and calling a US number would cost me some big penny
If you use the site and wait, you should get the code by email after about 2 weeks. I did so I printed it and put it in the glove box.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back