The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G How To: 420a Engine Bay Fuse Box Relocation/Wire Cleanup (WITH PICTURES)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AE2499

Proven Member
Apr 20, 2020
Bakersfield, California
Hey guys, I never liked how the engine bay looked with all the nasty wire, and decided to move the fuse box to the interior. This will clear up space for when I install Megasquirt & turbo the car in the future. I feel like it would be good to document this and make it a thread to possibly help others and see how my progress goes. Might take me a while since I’m very busy with work and other things but will be updating it everytime I finish a certain task.

First, I took a lot pictures of how everything currently looks (helps if you forget something, you can just look back at one of your photos and might pop back in your brain) and created a separate folder specifically for the rewire.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I took off my fenders and front bumper since my wires come from there.

I printed out the “power distribution system” AKA “fuse box” wire diagram. Began labeling my fuse box cover to whatever fuse/link it was on the wire diagram to make it easier for me looking back and forth at the diagram and the fuse box.

The fuse/relay panel came in today. Went with this 96 position PDC. Fits micro relays and mini fuses and a lot more compact at about (L:6.75” 4,W:3.50”, D:2.75”). I was ready to hammer into it this weekend but I forgot to buy the crimp tool for these female open barrel terminals. So we can just wait until next week LOL.
Anyways, was looking how I’m going to get power to the fuse box since OEM has a metal bar going around making contact. In the meantime, I drew this out if it makes any sense to you guys. I already have a distribution block in my car before the firewall when I relocated my battery. I realized I would need another one to have an inline 60a fuse to supply power to the fuse box and hook all my power wires into the same distribution block (bus bar).

Had time today so I made the wires for the new PDC fuse/relay panel.

I started to label the actual wires from the OEM fuse box to my understanding so I know what to go back to before I chop the wires.

Forgot to update this thread after finishing😅

Here’s a little diagram of pretty much most of how the OEM fuse box is wired. It’s fairly simple. Just label and crimp or solder and extend.
Installed a 1/4 piece of ABS plastic to act as a spacer a bit and look nicer than just a cut out glove box.
Obviously test everything once done. Test fans turn on, headlights, turn lights, hazards etc…

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back