The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Coolant Level Sensor Gasket

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apacahlypse

Probationary Member
Sep 25, 2012
Holmen, Wisconsin
So after replacing my thermostat and engine coolant temperature sensor, I go to put coolant back in and what do you know...it all starts trickling out of the bottom of my reservoir so I go down there and check it out, and somehow my coolant level sensor is almost sticking all the way out so I pulled it out and the rubber gasket that surrounds it is all mangled up and half broken off. How this happened I couldn't tell you, I am assuming my troublesome outside cats got to playing around with it while it's been on downtime in the garage. The problem is, I haven't even been able to find a coolant level sensor anywhere online, let alone just the gasket! If anybody could help me find one or the other, it would be greatly appreciated!

I stay away from junkyards...definitely prefer new parts over used, every day all day.

Yea I just ran around to every parts store damn near in the area and had zero luck...looking like my only option thus far is getting a new reservoir and deleting that sensor or concocting a plug for the stock reservoir and deleting the sensor.

Might have to head to a Mits dealer and get you a new one then .. some parts are still available for 22yr old cars..

In the yard close to me, there are at least 5 1G DSM's out there with good overflow bottles..

Yea that's the first place I went was the dealer....to find out there Mits division closed down 3 years ago and the nearest one is 80 miles away. And I don't necessarily need the overflow bottle, just that gasket...what are the odds of a 22 year old plastic gasket still being good after sitting outside and rotting for who knows how long? Along with what ridiculous price the junkyard around here charges for things. So nobody knows of anywhere a new one could be acquired online?

From what I've found, the sensor is made into the bottle. You will likely not find a gasket for it. You could get some gasket material from the parts store and just make your own.

From what I've found, the sensor is made into the bottle. You will likely not find a gasket for it. You could get some gasket material from the parts store and just make your own.

by far the most accurate choice has been stated above.

Apacahlypse, don't over-think it, like you said its a 22 yr old car so a little elbow grease can take care of such a simple mishap.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Well, it's not a normal gasket, that's the thing so I don't know if using gasket maker would really hold it in there because it both held the sensor in there, and sealed coolant from leaking out. I am sure this is what I will have to go about doing though if my buddy doesn't have one on his parts car.

Last edited:
That gasket is not available for individual sale through Mitsubishi; the only way it looks like to get it new is to order a whole new tank assembly. The sensor itself is Mitsubishi part number MB605134.

So ordering that part will include that gasket? Because I found it online for a mere $17.

Well you gave me that part number, figured it was the one to get the gasket...once again I do not need the sensor itself, just that gasket, if I have to order the whole tank to get it then so be it...so what part # am I ordering to get that gasket....

Well you gave me that part number, figured it was the one to get the gasket...

I was answering this question specifically, directly from your first post:
The problem is, I haven't even been able to find a coolant level sensor anywhere online, let alone just the gasket! If anybody could help me find one or the other, it would be greatly appreciated!

You're welcome. Now...

if I have to order the whole tank to get it then so be it...so what part # am I ordering to get that gasket....

Assuming these are still available:
MB356994 is for the whole tank assembly and will include the gasket in 1990 models.
MB660286 is for the whole tank assembly and will include the gasket in 1991-1994 models.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back