The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Resolved 2G What is this on the top of my intake manifold?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drewb

Probationary Member
Jun 22, 2012
new tripoli, Pennsylvania
So i have done a little research but can not find what this sensor is.The car was running and idling till one day it would not stay running at all.I did some research and i came to the conclusion i need to do a boost leak test and when i did that i found this sensor was completely broken off and air was blowing out of it so I'm guessing this is my problem.Anyone know what this sensor is?Thanks for any response.

Attachments

• IMAG0143.jpg
    IMAG0143.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 58
That's the MDP sensor. It appears that it broke off. The thing attached to the harness in front there is the other half of it. You can get another at a junkyard. It is used as a feedback unit to make sure the EGR is working properly. Running like that will cause a pretty large vac/boost leak ( as you found out.)

Wow that was fast thanks for your help everyone it is much appreciated.

yep. Some call it the map sensor as well.

You should pick up a chiltons or haynes manual on the car. They can be very helpful.

I am buying one right now!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back