The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G 2G Spyder C1 Hard Top

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sorry bud I might be the official last comment of 2023😂 drinking my rum & coke waiting for an update too because I want a hard top on my Spyder
Damn dude, what a bummer. While putting my top down today I heard a loud snapping sound, went to put it back up and it moved about an inch then stopped… needless to say it needs to be replaced, at least a new motor and gears. I was hoping I could just get rid of it for a hard top but nothing. Hopefully they do something with this eventually!

I just wanted to throw in that I contacted carbonetics on 08/24/23 about the hard top and they said “We are waiting for a couple of quotes to start a group buy, I am making a list of all the people interested “ so maybe in a couple months they’ll show a functional top or start production.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I just wanted to throw in that I contacted carbonetics on 08/24/23 about the hard top and they said “We are waiting for a couple of quotes to start a group buy, I am making a list of all the people interested “ so maybe in a couple months they’ll show a functional top or start production.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
Is the fiberglass black? It so add me onto that list. Cody Stair - 6316787131 - instagram @Codystair

Cant afford carbon fiber just yet as much as I’d love it
Haha me neither but I’m hoping I’ll have enough time to save up,but I’m not 100% sure what color it would be.I never asked, But I think you can tell them the color and finish you would prefer and they’ll make it work. But hopefully it don’t take too long to make haha.

As teased by Sergio on social media and copied here, the top is in active plug design process. As originally stated, he isn't just making a mold from the plug straight off our car, he is making it much nicer then before, and taking into consideration all the things a road going car needs such as latches that work with OEM mounts, windows, ect. The progress has been phenomenal since he began development on it. From the videos he's been sending me, I can tell you, he truly wants this project to be perfect.

I am as frustrated as everyone else it's taken this long, but Sergio did not want to do this top wrong. He is putting in a lot of forethought to make this a great hard top for the Spyder. It will transform the way your car looks.

Stay tuned.

I’ve reached out multiple times and every single time since I first asked in February he says it’ll be done at the end of the month, every month... Don’t get your hopes up for tomorrow because he would rather make hats and carbon parts for newer cars than old spyders that are rarely around anymore. My guess is another few months of we’re lucky.

Iv been watching this for a few years now. it's getting close I'm expecting probably another year till I'm able to get ahold of one with wait times and such. Wish it was sooner hail broke out my rear window and damaged the rest of the car hoping to replace everything with carbon eventually.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back