The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

GC4S 6 Bolt Timing cover

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schafer240

Proven Member
May 30, 2021
Kelowna, BC_Canada
My car came with a janky 7 bolt cover scabbed onto my GC4S 6 bolt motor and after hours of research I keep coming up empty on a part number for a timing cover, anyone know it? Also to add I am making an assumption the stock 6 bolt cover will not fit with the taller deck height, is that correct?

thanks

After a ton of digging around I came across the an oem part number for the 1994 Galant 2.4 DOHC / 2g DSM for fitment. The mid cover is different between the 4g63/4g64 due to the deck height.

Lower
Part Number: MD332865
Supersession(s): MD193337

Mid
MD191813

Last edited:
7 bolt front cases are different to the 6 bolt, the 94 Galant DOHC engine is a 7 bolt engine, and the G4CS is a 6 bolt Hyundai SOHC engine, they never came DOHC in the USA with a G4CS, the closest cover you are going to find is a DOHC 1g 6 bolt timing cover as far as bolting on, especially if you are using a 1g DSM oil pump/front case, or maybe a DOHC Hyundai G4CP clone timing cover, the height difference is only 6mm of difference to a 4G63T block, so its not that much taller, and you might not have a gap at all to the top timing cover.

Last edited:
To update this, only proper solution is to run a lower 6 bolt timing cover with the top cut down with a 7 bolt mid cover to work with a 2g mount.

Apparently rix racing is also coming out with covers for a 6 bolt in a 2g as well, not sure if he will make one the the 2.4 deck height.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back