The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

6 Bolt timing assembly

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nkosi

15+ Year Contributor
May 17, 2004
montreal, QC_Canada
hey guys im trying to put the timming belt on the motor after i primed it with oil by spinning the oil pump gear ... that went well but now im trying to put the tiing belt back on and i cant get the timing marks on the crank pulley to line up with the arrow on the front cover ... i even tryed to offset the crank a bit to line up with the front cover mark after i tension up the pulley ... i line the mark up and try to put the tension on the belt and it moves ...i need help its been three days im at this and cant get the crank timing mark to line up with the front case/oil pump mark ... if anyone has had this problem and can help me with some tips or a thread on here please help me ....:cry:

Attachments

• Photo_00008.jpg
    Photo_00008.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 59
  • Photo_00009.jpg
    Photo_00009.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 61
  • Photo_00010.jpg
    Photo_00010.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 59
  • Photo_00011.jpg
    Photo_00011.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 62
  • Photo_00012.jpg
    Photo_00012.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 63
here is some pics of how much im off the cam marks are lined up but i cant seem to get the crank to line up correctly .....im either one tooth too much or too little

this thread is resolved i had the cams in the wrong position

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back