The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G 2gb A/C compressor and condenser fan Inop

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jweber

Probationary Member
Dec 31, 2023
New Orleans, Louisiana
Noticed other day on my 98 GSX that the AC condenser fan not coming on and compressor will not engage. Can jump both condenser fan and compressor relays and they operate correctly. Freon level is full. Pressure sensor has been jumped as well and still no compressor/fan engagement.

Tried to do what I think is jumping/bypassing the ACCU and still no luck. All fuses and relays are good. Looking for someone with a good bit of experience in these A/C systems to guide me in the right direction. Thanks!

Last edited:
is it an automatic or manual?

does the ac switch light turn on in thedash

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
I’m not sure if it is auto or manual beings both the schematic look the same but yes when I press the button It turns green and it sends 12v to the ac compressor ecm. Yet I’m not getting 12v out of it. Nothing actually. Had a couple of spare ac Ecu(accu) and tried but still can’t manage to get 12v out of it

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I’m not sure if it is auto or manual beings both the schematic look the same but yes when I press the button It turns green and it sends 12v to the ac compressor ecm. Yet I’m not getting 12v out of it. Nothing actually. Had a couple of spare ac Ecu(accu) and tried but still can’t manage to get 12v out of it

the automatic transmission cars have a 3rd fan relay.

you need to back track the power readings. is it getting 12v to the pressure switch on the drier behind the drivers side headlight?

is the compressor fuse getting 12v?

is the fuse box relay slot getting 12v?

also if you could fill out a vehicle profile so I can know if you have a bone stock gsx or a gutted race car with a stand alone harness

Sorry updated profile cars. It is an automatic car with factory harnesses and ecm link. I checked and I do not have 12v to pressure switch. Also don’t have 12v coming out from the ac compressor ecm. Compressor fuse is hot 12v relay also has its 12v. Really leaning to some issue with the automatic compressor ecm just not too sure how that thing works. I have good power and ground going to it just nothing coming out on the green/orange wire pin 1
the automatic transmission cars have a 3rd fan relay.

you need to back track the power readings. is it getting 12v to the pressure switch on the drier behind the drivers side headlight?

is the compressor fuse getting 12v?

is the fuse box relay slot getting 12v?

also if you could fill out a vehicle profile so I can know if you have a bone stock gsx or a gutted race car with a stand alone harness

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back