The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

what cams do you run in your auto?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyclonekid77

15+ Year Contributor
May 18, 2007
Bellevue, Ohio
I was wondering what cams you guys are running in your automatic cars. I have a set of DKS 272/272 cams and I think they might be a little big. The car has NO low end power and is embarassing off the line even with brake boosting as high as the stock converter will let me. It comes on strong around 3000 rpm but it seems to take forever to hit that point. My best time Ive gotten out of the car so far was a 15.495 at 97.09mph. The track had all the track sensors turned off except for r/t, e/t, and mph so I have no clue what my 60ft was or anything. Any help/sugesstions are greatly appreciated.

how much boost are you pushing on the 16g?
are you spinning off the line? thats what im assuming since there are no 60ft. avaliable
your traps are deff. where it should be
but your E/T looks a little high
i have no clue about auto DSMs but you should be in mid 14's with decent street tires

Yea tires r good and the trip box from EagleTIM on here, i use it and love it. Much faster for my auto now. Cams, you should problly go 272/264..... i am. Oh and injectors and something to tune.. and afpr with that wally. Your probally running pig rich and thats why...

With only four gears to get to the same top end as the manual, the auto cars need a wider power band. For my DD I went all the way toward low end power.

After growing up driving V8's the low end performance of my Talons always bugged me. The plan for my stroker project was to make all compromises in the direction of better low end and off boost torque while staying with proven components.

The 2.3L stroker with 264/264 cams, 8.8:1 pistons, the E3 16G turbo, and high stall torque converter has turned my DSM into a fun daily driver.

If you want to drag the car go with bigger cams, but stay less aggressive than for manual transmissions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back