The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A Let’s fix my Eclipse with questions and answers - Water Pump

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenn

Probationary Member
Apr 25, 2024
Manchester, New_Jersey
Hello everyone. I have a 1995 first year 2nd generation eclipse. Today I want talk about replacing the water pump. What I would need to do? I have a cooling leakage from the corner back firewall block. And front underneath near behind fog lamps.

Question I was asked by a auto store. I didn’t know the answer only I could guess it Is my water pump on my Eclipse 420a. Is my water pump connected to timing belt or is my water pump just stand alone without any connection to the timing belt area?

Hello everyone. I have a 1995 first year 2nd generation eclipse. Today I want talk about. Replacing the water pump what I would need to do I have a cooling leakage from the corner back fire wall block. And front underneath near behind fog lamps

Question I was asked by a auto store. I didn’t know the answer only I could guess it Is my water pump on my eclipse 420 a. Is my water pump connect belt.to timing belt tooted pullied Or is my water pump just stand alone without any connection to the timing belt area
It's tough to decipher what you're saying in parts of your question. My question is, how is it the auto parts store doesn't know what water pump you need? They won't be able to diagnose your problem, but they should be able to get you the correct pump if you give them all the appropriate information about the car.

The 4g63(T) water pump is driven by a serpentine belt, same as the earlier 4g37.

The 420A pump is always timing belt driven. I'd assume they weren't sure whether it was a 420A or a 4g63(T) since they would both be listed as 2.0L. Properly keying in the vehicle should differentiate them in the system.

Either way, save some money and order online. Parts stores will massively over charge you for that chunk of cast aluminum.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back