The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

420A Door lock actuator 1997 Eclipse GS

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruitFury

Probationary Member
Mar 15, 2023
Denver, Colorado
Got a 97 gs, I swapped out the door handles they broke both at the same time, now everytime I need to get in my car the door stays locked, I unlock it using the switch and automatically locks itself on both doors, Did i do something wrong for the actuator? doors will open if I open it from the inside but the locks lock right back.?
is the actuator broke? did i misalign something?
I hate jumping in through the trunk or leaving the window cracked!

Got a 97 gs, I swapped out the door handles they broke both at the same time, now everytime I need to get in my car the door stays locked, I unlock it using the switch and automatically locks itself on both doors, Did i do something wrong for the actuator? doors will open if I open it from the inside but the locks lock right back.?
is the actuator broke? did i misalign something?
I hate jumping in through the trunk or leaving the window cracked!

you didnt align the sensor on the back of the lock cylinder correctly.

the sensor tells the body module if the key is being twisted in the door. if the sensor isn't lined up correctly it will send the signal out to lock the doors

you can unplug the sensor further into the door behind the speakers i believe. the sensor would automatically unlock the passengers side door if it sensed you unlocking the drivers door. this was a feature before keyless entry was better than mitsubishi made (they sucked at keyless remote transmitters for some reason)

Here's that sensor he's talking about. It's fragile and can fall off or not mount correctly easily. And if the sides are bent out it will not stay on as it just clips on. I had to buy a new one from Mitsu.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Here's that sensor he's talking about. It's fragile and can fall off or not mount correctly easily. And if the sides are bent out it will not stay on as it just clips on. I had to buy a new one from Mitsu.

Do you know where to get these sensors ones missing, im fom colorado and we dont got any mitsubishi dealers out here? or any after market part?

if you really want to be lazy the fuse for the door locks is under the dash above the foot rest pedal. pull the fuse now so you can drive it normally till you pull the door panel and fix it
May do this in the meantime have utterly been stressed over my doors

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back