The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

How come when I backup and turn the car shakes.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

denny

Probationary Member
Oct 13, 2004
Orleans, Ontario_Canada
How come when I backup and turn the car shakes.....garage tells me its the clutch.!!?!?!
but If I backup the car straight..no shaking ...only when I turn at the same time as I backup. Could it be calipers...rotors...rear wheel bearing???

Denny
1990 black FWD TSI
image.php

Anybody help...!!! the problem is getting worst...reverse gear shakes the car like mad...car almost doesnt roll back....

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious if this was ever solved? Having same issue with new car.

Figure I'd ask before posting new post sorry for revival.

Last edited:
I'd say possibly check your cv joints

If it was CV axles would it do the same while in 1st?

Well the backing up and turning part of the original post is what made me think cv axles. I suppose if they are bad enough it would do it in first as well

7 year thread revival. I would probably go with the likely fact that this person doesn't have the car anymore since it has been around 6-1/2 years since he last logged in.

7 year thread revival. I would probably go with the likely fact that this person doesn't have the car anymore since it has been around 6-1/2 years since he last logged in.

Yeah and he probably don't have the car anymore because He got frustrated because he couldn't solve the problem. This puts those who actually search the forum in a bad spot because now the only chance after reading many post, to solve the problem they may be having is a 7 year old unsolved thread. There is nothing worse than searching for a solution to your problem on the boards and finally you come across a post that has several pages.

Each page as you read describe to a tee your issue and then all of a sudden the thread comes to an end. Problem never resolved. You Pm the OP and no resonse. The only recourse out of deperation you have is to ask the dreaded question "Did you find out what the problem was" and you wait. I know its a long shot but if more members would update their thread the world would be a better place:cool:

Haha, yea. I thought I'd try. I search and search for same issue and this was closest. Though 7 years ago I was reading the forums as well.

But as for this issue I probally will take it into Les Schwab and have the inspect everything and give me a parts list for what needs replacing.

Easier sometimes to have them crawl under it checking everything and telling me whats wrong or broken then giving me a parts list with prices for their expensive parts and labor. Then I purchase my pretty decently priced parts do the work myself over the weekend and take it back for an alignment. haha.

But I know I can't check this as resolved however I will update this with my solution for future searches.

I love resolving my posts.

Well, rain stopped today and had some time to look at things. Checked out the CV axle on Drivers side and its completly seperated at inner joint and when I shook it a bolt fell out from where it joins the tranny.

Ordering a new on this week. Apparently its difficult to get one at most parts stores. Manual, AWD, ABS. But found one :) 24-48 hours will have it.

I have had this issue for at least a decade with my '92 AWD. Several mechanics have come up empty in attempts to resolve.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back