The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Possible Transmission Damage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97'SpyderGuy

Probationary Member
Apr 19, 2023
Toronto, ON_Canada
Is anybody able to tell me if the one bolt that goes from the block into the transmission (above the drivers side CV) has any sort of interference if you were to "accidentally" use the wrong size?

If I remember right the bolt for the transmission is smaller than the threads of the block. The bolt should be a m10 which is a 12mm head. Not a m12 which is a 14mm head and is the size of the block hole.

The block has threads for an engine stand and I’ve seen people think that’s what is needed and try to thread it in and eventually bottoms out on the transmission instead.

Hopefully this helps

-Daniel

If I remember right the bolt for the transmission is smaller than the threads of the block. The bolt should be a m10 which is a 12mm head. Not a m12 which is a 14mm head and is the size of the block hole.

The block has threads for an engine stand and I’ve seen people think that’s what is needed and try to thread it in and eventually bottoms out on the transmission instead.

Hopefully this helps

-Daniel
Very helpful. Been fighting the one alignment bolt to stay in. But last night I tried to drive a longer one in (I Know, I should be getting OEM bolts. I just dont want to buy all of them for the one I need) by feel from the top with the hood open instead of jacking it up and going from underneath. Hopefully just hit the wrong hole. Won't go into gear right now so I'll try again tomorrow.

Thank you guys for the info.
-Brandon

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back