The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Street Build ITFLYS - 1Gina2G

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Check out MPXH6300AC6T1 (3 bar) and MPXH6400AC6T1 (4 bar). These work and are tiny. So, maybe anything more is designed larger to look important or stand out as a mod?

edit agreed above, AEM stainless is what I would go to as well. I think 3 bar would be ideal for him, not 5. Resolution loss for no reason.

Last edited:
Check out MPXH6300AC6T1 (3 bar) and MPXH6400AC6T1 (4 bar). These work and are tiny. So, maybe anything more is designed larger to look important or stand out as a mod?

edit agreed above, AEM stainless is what I would go to as well. I think 3 bar would be ideal for him, not 5. Resolution loss for no reason.
Slow down now - I upgraded to the AEM 3.5 bar for Speed Density back in December: Link

There was a whole thing about signal noise at high rpm and such.

This GM sensor came with the Autometer boost gauge, so I left it connected, just for the gauge.
At this point, I’d settle for a “working” sensor for the gauge - it need not be to the same precision as what the ECU is using.

Hmm, anyone know what voltage is driven by the ECU to move the stock needle on the factory cluster? I could run the ecu output signal to the boost gauge sensor input, but I don’t think I can calibrate it.

Last edited:
Slow down now - I upgraded to the AEM 3.5 bar for Speed Density back in December: Link

There was a whole thing about signal noise at high rpm and such.

This GM sensor came with the Autometer boost gauge, so I left it connected, just for the gauge.
At this point, I’d settle for a “working” sensor for the gauge - it need not be to the same precision as what the ECU is using.

Hmm, anyone know what voltage is driven by the ECU to move the stock needle on the factory cluster? I could run the ecu output signal to the boost gauge sensor input, but I don’t think I can calibrate it.

Maybe try that one? It talks about the cheap chinese made Delphi units coming apart on people, and that theirs apparently don't have that problem?

What worries me is the Omnipower sticker on the stock-photo they used. If it's just an omnipower 3 bar map sensor then that needs to be stated in the ad instead of it being called a GM sensor.

Edit: Also found this on eBay. Ad states Genuine GM made in USA so maybe this ones better?

Is it ego? (uh yeah) - Is it homage? (definitely). I'm trying to build a version of the 2G Eclipse that Mitsubishi could have built as a factory prototype - An amalgamation of the best stock parts and minimalist modifications pushing out the specs of the original factory engine and chassis to achieve unexpected levels of performance.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back