The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

I blew it up

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjgYFZ200 said:
And since when is a 14b capable of 30psi?

You can run a T-25 at 30psi. The turbo just gets way out of it's efficiency range.

have you tried to take the boost controller apart? a friend of mine has a joe P. MBC and it was boosting like crazy so we took it apart and the balls were in the wrong inlet of the controller, the spring had no way of moving. so we put them in the correct position and it works like its suposed to now.

Thanks John, I didnt realize that, I guess I foudn out the hard way. Yeah, for now its gonna sit in my garage untill I can find someone to help me pull off the head and see what we got. Any takers? :sneaky:

No thats whats really confusing. I mean 30psi at 110, WHY didnt it hit fuel cut???
See Defiants post

And since when is a 14b capable of 30psi?
Since always? Like said above, you can boost whatever you want but at a certain point it will just turn into a hair dryer.

And how does a MBC screwed out all the way boost that high?
Installed backwards, or the spring is stuck because you tightened it all the way down at some point and the spring got compressed and stuck in the threads etc. Go take off your boost controller, unscrew the knob all the way and look into the hole. Is the spring loose or is it compressed in the hole?

If the engine or the valvetrain started ripping itself to shreds, 30PSI is easy to hit because the engine all the sudden stops ingesting all of that air while the turbo is still spooled.

I doubt it was hitting 30PSI before the engine bit it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back