The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Best clutch master cylinder

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramirj10

Probationary Member
Aug 4, 2007
cartersville, Georgia
I have a 95 tsi awd and i keep having issues when shifting. I just replaced the master cylinder and bled the system but it won't work right. It shifts perfect when cold but when i start hitting the red lights or traffic it gets harder to shift into gears. It will go into gear but very grindy and sometimes i have to pump the pedal 2 or 3 times in order to get it to shift again. The gear oil level is perfect and new clutch :hmm: so if there is anyone out there with the same issues i would greatly appreciate the input....thanks....

If you have to pump the pedal it sounds like you need to bleed it again. Perhaps you need to adjust the master cylinder rod behind the pedal.

Thank you guys for the input...to answer the questions im using 85w140, i did bench bleed the new master cylinder but i think its the slave cyl i took it off this afternoon and it looks as though its leaking a little bit so ill change that tomorrow to see how it goes.

this is my first tsi awd, are these problems common with the drivetrain?

and yes spectre i did adjust the rod on the master cyl, but as a drive through traffic it seems its losing pressure thats why i decided just to change the slave cyl. I hope this takes care of it.

I was having the exact same problem for months. I finally stoped being lazy and changed the master cylinder and slave cylinder at the same time. Now it works awsome! I also adjusted the rod to bring the engagment point up off the floor a little more.

well guys i changed the slave cylinder and rebuilt the master cylinder, bled the system like 20 times and its still doing it . Does fine when cold but pedal starts to drop when it gets hot....??? don't know maybe i need new master cylinder?

Hello well i did find the problem it turned out to be a mix match on the pressure plate and disc. It looks like they only replaced the pressure plate and not the disc and the disc was too thick. I replaced it with a stock exedy clutch and its fine now but could you tell me how to close the threads i just dont know how to close them.... thanks..

I recently had this issue, as I replaced the slave master cylinder and clutch master cylinder and bled the line, this is my 3rd time doing it and going oem as my mechanic said to replace the reservior as well. do not cheap out on the cmc look for oem even used is better than the new generic ones.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back