The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

6-bolt 93 Eagle Summit Coupe. Future track car.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaveBlue83

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 10, 2009
Landenburg, Pennsylvania
I miss tuners ROFL. I'm gonna put this up on here so I frequent the forums more. :rocks:. I am also on MPF but I like the build threads on here.

I bought this car a year ago to swap one day. My goal is a 250-350hp useable lightweight vehicle that I can break into autocross/open track days/really learn to drive the correct way. I really really really LOVE the 16g and EVO 1-3 oem things so I will be sticking with the 16g and mostly OEM parts. I will use GSX front brakes, Mini Cooper S rotors all around, 1g rear calipers....all off the shelf kinda stuff. Weight will be considered into any change if possible for the cost.

onto the pics. I will pull from my MFP thread and summarize it to this point. I just dropped in the 6-bolt this weekend so this IS a 4g63 car right now :)

WELCOME :)

June 2012

1993 Eagle Summit DL. BASE MODEL. no cupholders, AM/FM radio, no power steering, no airbags, no ABS, no AC, nuthin'. I have my EVO I RS coupe FWD base setup ready to have some fun :)

The day I picked it up:

IMG_4157.jpg

mir_1.jpg

mir_2.jpg

mir_3.jpg

JULY 2012
Well, I'm the proud owner of a 6-bolt! :) this was apparently rebuilt by Turbotrix in NJ. From a '91, bored .050 over (stamped on pistons), newer oil pump, BSE kit already in there, and LOW miles. Head is pretty much fully together with the mani, thermo, etc. looks really clean. Just gotta throw on a pan and assemble and throw on a belt :)

driver2c.jpg

driverp.jpg

I removed the retarded auto-retracting seat belts...holy extensive mechanism!

IMG_3596.jpg

IMG_3597.jpg

IMG_3609.jpg

-2G AWD calipers WILL clear my wheels. thats a plus. pics of the 2g AWD front calipers clearing the 16x7.5, et35 wheels, and the fresh brake job with OEM pads n rotors for now.

img4163bp.jpg

img4158pp.jpg

Last edited:
AUG 2012

I picked up an EVO II ECU from TKR. it has some surface corrosion, so I have to send it out to Mr Dorris sometime. Pics of my EVO II harness as well.

img4224s.jpg

I also pulled a complete 6-bolt out of a yard for $250. This will be used for parts as I later find out cyl 3 is lowwww comp. So far mods I have found are:
-aluminum unorthodox crank pulley
-nice hex bolts on VC
-ARP/aftermarket head studs
-magnacore plug wires
-Pace Setter tubular mani
-TD05 16g turbo (looks like E316g)

This is where the magic happens......

this is my horribly cramped (but free to use so whatever) DSM engine building area @ the local shop i go to. The other engine to the right is the fresh short block for the summit.

IMG_3789.jpg

OCT 2012

here's some DSLR picts I have taken over the last few months :)

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

OCT 2012

6-bolt longblock assembled. Talon was gonna get this...now it's back to the summit. this is the motor I bought in pieces at the top of this thread :). I went with a brand new HKS 272/272 combo with Kiggly springs, viton seals, ARP head studs, and OEM HG. bottom end is stock rebuild with a BSEK and new OEM waterpump.
IMG_4387.jpg

fresh redone head:
img4353d.jpg

IMG_4201.jpg

Bottom end with LOWWWW miles:
img4354t.jpg

Kiggly's, 272's Viton seals
img4369fl.jpg

16g is on with HAFE mani and PTE ewg

image_copy.jpg

FEB 2012

Flywheel is here! looks good, a $50 resurface job will clean it right up :)

image_copy.jpg

image.jpg

I now have a set of GC coils with good collars. I paid $100 for these off an 01 Mirage DE coupe I found in a yard, but the collars had snapped screws. All I need now is a set of Tokico blue's and the susp is good to go.

IMG_8655.jpg

Cleaned up the Oil cooler and lines;
IMG_8641.jpg

Last edited:
Some packages filled with sex came in the mail today:

image_copy.jpg

image.jpg

hehehehehehehehhehehehe.....X-mas again!!!

image_copy.jpg

ECU professionally redone by Quentin Marchone. He is LEGIT, in Michigan IIRC. He's also a good friend of a buddy. He will beat Dorris' prices too. I had it back in a week and that's cause I was slacking on paypal LOL. He appreciates business, so find him if ya need work! he's on FB.
image_copy_2.jpg

image.jpg

I used the Aus how-to ( Cluster with Tacho wiring • CE Lancers and Mirages • AusLancer ), easy peasy. looks to be within 3KPH accuracy with my GPS. I think one bulb is out, but that's minor.

JUNE 2012

OK, update! new rubber and new color! this is Rustoleum Antique Brass over Rustoleum Grey Primer. 2 coats on the pain, one on the primer.

I also raised the back up to match the front. My buddy said I need a light bar on the front now LOL.

IMG_1317.jpg

Edit: I spent 4 hours on buffing polishing and waxing the car. It's like it got fresh paint. It looks awesome!

DAAAAAAAAAAAAANG that's a nice flywheel :)

I also got bored and decided with my new Falken Zeix 912's mounted I would clean up the rash on the wheels and luhnut holes and give them a new finish. I wanted a gold color but Rustoleums Antique Bronze popped out at me from the shelf and I never looked back. I really love this color! :)

Screen_Shot_2013_06_11_at_10_56_54_PM.png

brace.jpg

Last edited:
OK, now we are on track for current posts...this was last weekend :)

Awwwwwwww yeahhhhhhhhh

IMG_20130615_101242.jpg

IMG_20130615_223344.jpg

Here is where I got to today. More next weekend :)

IMG_20130616_111840.jpg

IMG_20130616_111820.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

NOTES after install:

-I realized the EVO II engine harness is RHD....LOL. I am going to have to connect the clips, open the harness, delete what I don't need, extend what doesn't reach, and then re-loom it and maybe tuck it since I have so much room to work with :)

-clutch feels mushy, and not definite release point. I know it needs to be adjusted more. had a lot of slack on the cable. I also had no trans fluids in it and the car hasn't been run. I hope I can adjust it properly or that will be an isssue. I never did a cable adjustment setup before. I just looked up a new cable and it's $40. I will try a new cable as well.

-SMIC needs to be fitted and mounted

-fuel pump needs installed.

-rad needs fitted and mounted...not sure where the DS mount is supposed to go, I am swapping to a full rad from a half rad. I also need to pick a fan. I think one 14" 1500cfm fan will work ok for now.

By far the shadiest car I've ever been in, should be awesome once its done.

I went to pick it up with him, he was happier than a fat kid in a chocolate factory but it turned a bit bad when a storm hit half way home. For the drive back to his place I was in his SVT Focus but he decided to bring me home in the Summit, no seat belts or airbags with 2 foot deep puddles of water on the side of I95 while this bastard drove down it doing 80mph in a car we picked up 4 hours earlier that needed brakes.

Looking forward to doing it again, pumpkin <3.

By far the shadiest car I've ever been in, should be awesome once its done.

I went to pick it up with him, he was happier than a fat kid in a chocolate factory but it turned a bit bad when a storm hit half way home. For the drive back to his place I was in his SVT Focus but he decided to bring me home in the Summit, no seat belts or airbags with 2 foot deep puddles of water on the side of I95 while this bastard drove down it doing 80mph in a car we picked up 4 hours earlier that needed brakes.

Looking forward to doing it again, pumpkin <3.

dood.....u forgot about doing the pagoda hillclimb circuit following me in my other car.......DOWNHILL....with bad brakes LOL.

weeeeeeee this shall be epic :hellyeah::hellyeah:

Required "summit at the summit" picture...the day I bought it :)

IMG_0639_copy.jpg

Glad to see all the plans you had for the Summit are finally coming together Brinton!

What I'm working on.......

I need to know:

-Pin outs for Mirage DASH harness
-Pin outs for EVO 2 engine harness DASH connectors

I just need to know the pinouts so I can make it plug and play. I already know all of the EVO 2 ECU pinouts. I am guessing I need to know ignition stuff, tach wire, cel, all that stuff. I have the tach already wired up, I just need to know the pin to use for it. I will most likely cut off the EVO connectors and use the Mirage ones so I dont have to cut the dash harness as well.

I need the left to look like the right when I'm finished.
20130627_221240.jpg

image hosting over 2mb

I already have the connectors marked for most all of it. I am going to shorten the harness in the firewall area to make it LHD. it should be good to go once I do that.

1044159_10151758564664739_830927798_n.jpg

image free hosting

This is the only one that is stumping me right now....I think it's for foglights or something......it runs from the harness to the fuze box and then theres a relay on the Pos side of the battery as well and I think they are related.

1044460_10151758816819739_686575429_n.jpg

photo hosting sites

Man I'm lovin all these 4g's, I wish mitsu would've put he 63 in these cars from the factory import seen probably would've been a lot different today.

Man I'm lovin all these 4g's, I wish mitsu would've put he 63 in these cars from the factory import seen probably would've been a lot different today.

But why? They had the optiin of fwd and awd 1gs within those years. There would be a huge conflict.

Yea there would have been a conflict but damn near 1000lbs lighter I would have taken this if out came as an factory option and still have a 1g also. Thats just me though because I've always loved the 4th gen mirage platforms especially after seeing the way they make them look in malaysia.

I was sold a cut EVO2 engine bay harness. the MPI pigtail and connector are gone. there is NO EVO 1-3 specific electrical diagram from MB. If I wire in an MPI relay incorrectly, I fry my $280 ecu + $450 link chip.

consider this shit on infinite hold, if not a part out. If I could drive to canada and beat some A$$, I would. I dont have his info anymore. it was last year. I'm walking that fine line of DiSappointMent.

FML

UPDATE:

I worked on the car again friday and sat a little bit, more stuff completed:

This is how the engine bay looks now:
20130706_171107_HDR.jpg

-I decided to "FIX" the way too low clutch engagement point by DSMing the clutch cable with washers so the actaully disengages now. It works great. It's fairly stiff as well. It should hold for a while.
FB_IMG_13730420764647588.jpg

-2G OEM intake and MAF is in and fits with the Vibrant Filter. gits up to the stock 1g BOV as well, recirc'd
20130706_171127_1.jpg

-New IWG boost line is on...I will be running stock boost for now.
20130706_171134.jpg

-I relocated the DS motor mount hole in the solid rubber mount. i think its a 13/16 hole saw size. after I drilled the hole I used 3M Windo-Weld to seal up the old hole and support the roll pin. It will have PLENTY of time to cure. I now have a drop in 2g mount that lines up perfectly and uses all stock mounting. :).
20130706_171138.jpg

-Oil cooler has been reloacted to the dead space on the lower frame rail, behind the bumper bar. MUCH better, OEM looking placement. I notched the DS inner metal fender liner for the lines to pass through.
Screenshot_2013_07_08_08_54_41.jpg

-I also painted and got the EWG hole plugged up. I might go back to a 2g mani if I don't go to an EWG and a short rad setup. This all depends on if I get boost creep or not. I'm running a smaller 2.5: Downpipe so I might be ok this time.

-Modded my 1g lower coolant hose to fit.

WHAT's LEFT:
-255 Wally install
-Install the 95 2ga wiring harness, repin for dash connectors
-Attatch battery tray to frame (Looking like a weld job)
-Fill fluids
-Front 02, gauge install...thinking a glassed triple pod in the center dash vent area. I want them in my view.
-make a trans insp. cover plate
-swap V3 evo link for 2g V3 link
-STARTUP

Last edited:
bored.........getting things ready.

$9 got me this. the pods are offset for the AEM wideband to be flush with the Autometer boost and oil pressure gauges.

IMG_20130712_183836.jpg

20130712_195834.jpg

20130712_204439.jpg

I will be painting the pods tomorrow and leaving them floating in the console. I will not be fiberglassing this. This isn't a show car this is a lightweight RACE KAR. LOL.

more updates please this has me interested in doing something like this cause i miss my old fwd car...keep up the awesome work

Progress Pics :)

Hood cut and closes nicely: (I like to make a real MESS when I work on 8 things at once haha =D> :D :D )
20130721_145835_HDR.jpg

20130721_144820.jpg

Battery tray welded up.. I had my brother weld bolts to the framerail and use a self-tapper on the top hole. this is a Modified 2G DSM tray. works awesome and is easily removable. Wiring harness is in as well. most all engine bay connections are done except for the Knock Sensor (i have to put on a new plug) and the TStat sensor (I have to splice on a 1g Sensor connector, that I have).

20130721_144229.jpg

IMG_20130720_191435.jpg

IMG_20130721_164946.jpg

255 Wally is in.....that was quite easy :)
20130721_134411.jpg

I test fitted up the gauges...they need some trimming and fitting for the heater controls. I figured so.
20130721_144955.jpg

I also ordered a 1/8BSP - 3AN fitting for my oil PSI gauge. I'm going to use the rear small port as the front plugs are NOT coming out.

What's Left:
-finish pinning out the 2G harness in the interior
-figure out IF I need the 2g front lower engine bay harness connector connected to anything or not
-Fluids
-Knock Sensor and Temp sensor connector splice
-connect up Gauges in interior and at engine points.
-Install rear camber arms and get new bolts for them since I have to cut
-Muffler and side exit or something installed

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back