The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Random shuddering?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98gstJames

Proven Member
May 25, 2022
WInchester, Virginia
So basically I’m confused as to what this issue could be, anytime I hit about 65-70ish under somewhat heavy throttle, it feels as my right side of the car is almost skipping or shuddering I guess would be the best way to describe it. I don’t really feel it inside the car but more so coming from the front right. My engine isn’t stuttering. It seems to me like almost maybe the CV, but if I just gently accelerate from 65+ then no skip or shudder.

Weird thing is, it also sometimes doesn’t do it or at least from what I can tell it’s just like a 50/50 shot that it’ll do it, I’m gonna replace the CV as soon as it gets here but just want your guys input. TIA (FWD btw)

Also it does not do it at any other speeds no matter the amount of acceleration, only when I get to 65-70 MPH.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the new cv in and that doesn’t seem to help my issue, not too sure if it’s related but I did notice that my passenger side lower compression control arm is basically on its last limb. I have brand new axels on both driver and passenger side, I’m not 100% on my theory yet but it only seems to do it under light acceleration, when I just get on the gas it doesn’t seem to do it, so I’m just super confused as to what it could be other than possibly a trans issue but I’m really hoping not.

Get it up in the air, and start looking. Tug on things, grab wheels like you are looking for a loose wheel bearings and ball joints, and see if you have slop in your suspension components. What coil-over are you running? when was the last time those have been serviced?

Get it up in the air, and start looking. Tug on things, grab wheels like you are looking for a loose wheel bearings and ball joints, and see if you have slop in your suspension components. What coil-over are you running? when was the last time those have been serviced?
Currently only on lowering springs, looking to get another set of coilovers in the future. As far as suspension, I’ve had it in the air and I’ve replaced both lower control arms on both driver and passenger front, my driver side is super solid when it comes to play but my passenger side lower compression control arm has some play to it causing the wheel to have side to side movement, other than that everything else seems to be solid, the rear is completely solid so I know that’s good, just not sure if suspension components could cause this issue, idk if I’m just running myself in a loop too bc I mean since I’ve bought the car after two years I’m finally approaching 2000 miles that I’ve put on the car, it seemed to do it a lot when I had low miles on it but as I’ve put more on the car it doesn’t seem to do it as often. I drove my car into work three days of this week and it only did it to me twice, so I’m just seriously lost, my solution has been to just kinda floor it bc it doesn’t do it then but🤷🏼‍♂️

Alright so I’ve been doing more and more driving after putting both new driver side and passenger side axels in, driver and passenger lower control arms and the passenger compression control arm.
I’ve only gotten the car to do the shudder once now this week and it’s been doing it less and less everytime I’ve replaced something else so hopefully once I get a decent set of coilovers on and get the upper control arms replaced as well then hopefully that’ll fix my issue. I’ll keep you guys updated.

You don’t feel it in the steering?
in any case, fix the loose things and check again.
Stock diff?
It really just shakes the whole front of the car like a jolting stutter is the best I can describe it, I can definitely feel it in the steering wheel but that’s just because the entire car is jolting LOL also I’m fwd sadly

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back